It has taken me 5 years, and many trials of various recipes to perfect these muffins. These are the best gluten free, protein packed, vegan snack that I have had. They stay moist and soft, full of nutrients, sugar free (minus the chocolate chips) and are amazingly delicious!
1 3/4 cup GF rolled oats (ground into flour)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 flax egg
1/4 cup vegan vanilla protein powder (I love the brand Kaizen)
1 tbsp baking powder
1 cup plant based milk (I used almond cashew protein milk)
3 large overripe bananas mashed
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
Option add ins:
1-2 tbsp hemp seeds
1-2 tbsp chia seeds
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and grease a muffin pan, or line it with liners.
2. First, make your flax egg and set aside. (1 tbsp flax egg, 3 tbsp warm water)
3. Using your food processor, grind your rolled oats into an oat flour.
4. Add the oat flour, cinnamon, protein powder, and baking powder to a medium sized bowl and combine.
5. In a small pot over medium heat, heat up the plant based milk & coconut oil together until the oil has melted. Once the oil has melted, remove the pot from the heat and add in the vanilla extract, mashed bananas, and flax egg and stir to combine.
6. Add the wet ingredients to your medium bowl of dry ingredients and combine, but do not over mix.
7. Once all ingredients are mixed together, add your vegan chocolate chips and fold into your muffin mix.
8. Pour your batter into the muffin tin. These muffins will not rise a ton so you can fill up each muffin quite full.
9. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes (depending on your oven) 22 minutes usually works perfect for me.
10. Once you can stick a toothpick into your muffin and they come out clean, they are finished.
Nutrition facts based on muffins including 1 tbsp of hemp seed & 1 tbsp of chia seeds.